Monday, May 11, 2009

Treasury!

One of my creations has been selected to be in a treasury!! This is the first treasury that I’ve been in and I am hoping with all my energy that the item makes it to the front page! Here is the treasury: http://www.etsy.com/treasury_list.php?room_id=57373 Big thanks to Denise who created the treasury. She obviously put a lot of time into picking all of the great items in it. I’m very honored to have been chosen. There is a great feeling of “They like me, they REALLY like” me that comes from being in a treasury. Imagine the feeling you get every time you see a new heart for your store. Now, multiply by about 20.



Here's the cute little necklace she picked. As a note to anyone trying to make their way into the treasury she told me that she picked it because of it's color. Take it to heart Etsians: colorful, clear photos, and good lighting of your item in the photo will help you get into a treasury. Etsy is all about eye candy. I've been working on my photo skills for over a year and this really makes me feel like I've finally gotten to a proffessional look.


I’m getting some great responses from the almond ear wire tutorial. I’m going to try to include more in the future. I’m going to focus on creating, selling, and the ins and outs of etsy. I’ve also decided to add a new feature to the blog. I’ll be doing a monthly “Etsian of the Month” post. It will include an interview from the artist behind a carefully selected Etsy store as well as a sampling of their beautiful creations. I’m talking to someone now about the June EofM (Etsian of the Month). She makes beautiful one of a kind jewelry.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! It's a lovely item and I'm glad it went in the Treasury.

    ReplyDelete